ISLAMIC ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS (ICONIES)
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ISLAMIC ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS (ICONIES) 2016
October 25, 2016 to October 2, 2016
website :www.iconies2016.fe.uin-malang.ac.id; email : firstname.lastname@example.org
"Strengthening Islamic economics and business in the global economy"
ICONIES is an annual conference in the field of management, Islamic banking, and Islamic economics. This is the fourth year in Faculty of Economics Maulana Malik Ibrahim State Islamic University at Malang East Java to be the host of conference. The aims of ICONIES are to bridge academics, researchers, practitioners and college students to discuss and publish their research findings, ideas, developments, and innovations in the field of economics and business based on Islamic value and principle.
Concept and theory in the field of Islamic economics and business continue to develop along with environment development and society demand both locally and globally. The awareness of Indonesia society (the vast majority of Muslim) starts to shift from concept and theory utilization in the field of conventional economics and business to concept and theory in the field of economics and business based on Islamic values and principles. The development of Islamic economics and business both conceptually and institutionally expand significantly. Malaysia, for example, has applied this Islamic economics and business both in terms of assessment of academics and society awareness. Even in Thailand, which Islam is the minority reputedly, has high awareness about the development of Islamic economics and business concept which is determined by their Universities. They are very intense to perform hallalization for products that has been produced by Thailand companies.
The aims of these activities are to promote, develop and build society awareness about the importance of the concept and theory of Islamic economics and business in order to build harmony and balance society in their economies and business life. Also as an opportunity for the authors to:
1. Promote research findings that associated with management, sharia accounting, Islamic banking and Islamic economics issues.
2. Encourage academics and practitioner to integrate and exchange ideas in the field of management, Islamic accounting, Islamic Banking and Islamic Economics.
3. Develop the framework of concept and theory of Islamic economics and business in order to build awareness and understanding in accordance with development dynamics of environment and technology.
ICONIES is the annual program with particularly aims to dedicate and contribute to develop and build Islamic economics and business concept, theory and model which include management, sharia accounting, Islamic banking and Islamic Economics. This program will continue to be developed by involving Islamic University and General University both in Indonesia and overseas. This ICONIES program was built from the comprehension that there are social awareness in the form of performing economy and business activity in accordance with Islamic value and principal. Therefore, Islamic economics and business concepts, theory and model need to be developed. This is moreover supported by the development of communication and information technology as the means to disseminate concept, theory and model of those Islamic economics and business.
“Building The Society Awareness And Culture In Strengthening Islamic Economics and Business”
B. Key Note Speakers
1. Prof. Dr. Jamal Othman
Faculty of economics and management, National University of Malaysia.
Theme “Economics, environments, and Islam in the Global Economy”.
2. Dr. Ir. Adiwarman Azwar Karim, SE., MBA., MAEP
Director of KARIM consulting Indonesia.
Theme “Islamic Economics and Finance as A Pillar of the Global Economy”.
3. Prof. Dr. H. Muhammad Djakfar, M.Ag
Faculty of Economics, Maulana Malik Ibrahim State Islamic University of Malang.
Theme ”Building The Society Awareness In Strengthening Islamic Economics and Business”.
C. Conference Topics
Authors are invited to submit papers addressing various issues, insights on methodologies and related topics that should be employed to build a usable and accessible information society for the following topics:
1. Management includes: (a) Concept and implementation of management based on Islamic value and principle; (b) The relevance of concept and implementation of global era sharia marketing management; (c) The relevance of concept and implementation of human resources management; (d) The development of concept and practice in Islamic Finance Management; (e) The relevance and development of Islamic paradigm strategy management and Islamic management related to the study.
2. Islamic Accounting and Environmental Accounting include: (a) Islamic Financial Accounting, (b) The Implementation of accounting system at Islamic institutions; (c) Environmental accounting and Islamic accounting related to the study.
3. Islamic banking and Non-Banking Financial Industry (NBFI) include: (a) The construction of Islamic Bangking and NBFI business models; (b) The governance of Islamic Bangking and NBFI management; (c) The political policy of NBFI and Islamic banking; (d) Social and cultural aspects in the development of NBFI and Islamic banking; (e) Marketing, human resources and financial strategy of NBFI and Islamic banking.
4. Islamic economics includes : (a) Resources management in Islamic perspective; (b) Halalization system and governance; (c) The construction of Islamic economic system; (d) The development of Islamic economic contracts; (e) Fiscal and monetary policy in Islamic Economics.
D. Paper Writing Technique
Paper can be written in Indonesia and English, with good and correct grammar and formal and writing technique formal as attached. Presentation is able to use two languages English and Indonesia.
1. The accepted papers will be published at 2016 ICONIES Proceeding.
2. Seminar kit, seminar papers, Proceeding, certificate and meals during seminar.
Faculty of Economics, Maulana Malik Ibrahim State Islamic University, Malang, Gajayana Street 50, Malang, East Java, Indonesia.
G. Important Dates.
1. Paper delivery deadline : October 10, 2016
2. Information : October 12, 2016
3. Registration : October 13, 2016 to October 7, 2016
4. Conference : October 25, 2016 to October 26, 2016
H. Academic Committee
1. Dr. Abdul Ghofa, D GA., Ak., CPMA(UB)
2. Dr.Mohammad Sihabudin, SE., MM (UM)
3. Dr. H. Masyhuri, M.Si (Unisma)
4. Dr. H. Jalalluddin, M.A
5. H. Slamet, SE., MM., PhD
6. Dr. Siswanto, M.Si
7. Dr. Hj. Ilfi Nurdiana, M.Si
8. Dr. Hj. Umrotul Khasanah
9. Dr. H.M. Muhtadi Ridwan, M.A
10. Dr. Misbahul Munir, Lc..
I. Participants :
1. Paper presenter participants are limited to 200 in all fields.
2. Participants are academics, researchers, company directors or managers and professional staffs or leader of public/college student institutions.
3. For college student’s presenter, the paper has to be written together with their supervisor.
J. Registration Fee
1. Overseas participant :
a. Presenter Participant : USD 100,-
b. General Participant : USD 75,-
c. College Student Participant : USD 40,-
2. Local participant :
a. Presenter Participant : Rp. 750.000,-
b. College Student Presenter Participant : Rp. 450.000,-
c. General Participant : Rp 400.000,-
d. College Students Participant :Rp 200.000,-
K. Payment :
-Transfer to Bank Mandiri Syariah Account Number : 7099011267 Account Name : Meldona or Transfer to Bank Rakyat Indonesia Syariah Account Number : 1025413055 Account Name : Irmayanti Hasan
Please write in the payment column “ICONIES 2016”.
Faculty of Economics, Maulana Malik Ibrahim State Islamic University of Malang, East Java, Indonesia.
M. Organizer Committee
1. Dr. H. Salim al Idrus, M.Ag, MM (Dean)
2. Dr. Hj. Ilfi Nurdiana, M.Si (Vice Dean I)
3. Dr. Hj. Umrotul Cazanah (Vice Dean II)
4. Dr. H. Achmad Sani, M.Si (Vice Dean III)
5. H. Slamet, SE., MM., PhD (Chairman)
6. Dr. Indah Yuliana, SE., MM (Vice Chairman)
7. Meldona, SE.,MM.,Ak (Secretary)
N. Secretarial Office :
Faculty of Economics in Building 2nd Floor, Al-Kamil Room
Maulana Malik Ibrahim State Islamic University of Malang.
Gajayana Street, Number 50, Malang, East Java, Indonesia.
O. Information and Communication
1. Website : www.iconies.fe.uin-malang.ac.id
2. Contact Persons:
a. Maretha Eka P., SE., MM ( +62 823-3424-8882)
b. Puji Endah P., SE.,MM (+62 821 4058 9848)
3. email: email@example.com